Kind at a break now with a ton of projects knocked out over the last month and uncertainty about how long we will be in this house. BUT, as long as I'm breathing and tools are at hand I'm going to be into something.
I have two Model Power/Roco PRR E7s that were literally in pieces in one big Ziploc bag that I'm wading into. I think at the moment there are enough viable parts to get one complete running unit and one dummy, but I'm going to see if I can eventually get them both running. The shells were in rough shape so I'm repainting them and using some fresh Microscale decals on them. Had to replace a couple of stirrups too.
Then there is the FrankenTyco double headed Shark project that I'm going to do the dual power truck thing on too.
And last but definitely not least I now have a Hobbytown E7 that I acquired from hypoponera that I am itching to apply some TLC to if I can quit staring at it. Beautiful piece of model railroading art, all metal construction, not a plastic clip to be found, all held together with screws. And a big honking open frame motor. Have not decided what roadname it will be yet.
Much, many more projects waiting in the wings packed away in boxes.
The JNXT Family of Transportation Companies:
JNXT Railroad "The Weasel Route" BRTX Railroad "The Buzzard Route" P&S Railroad "Don't blame us, this isn't our equipment" The Buzzardly Shops "See us for your Mega-Tanker needs. NEW - Now your caboose HQ. See Earl for all the details."
Post by goingincirclez on Jan 13, 2016 9:48:01 GMT -5
Getting that Tyco GN 0-8-0 off the bench felt pretty good, the first real work for myself that I'd done in months! So here's what's left on the bench and in the cabinet:
- Broadway Limited smoking AC6000 to dissect and review for MRN
- Varney Aerotrain with Kemtron drive kit: drive missing a few pieces, but I started assembling it last night. The truck castings alone are worth it. I have bigger plans in mind for the train, so I don't want to get too far before I finish some older projects like...
- Quality Craft 96Kgal LPG crater maker: haven't built the trucks yet because I'm missing the correct size channel for the bolster frames. I should probably just make them and be done with this, it's been at 85% for two years
- Bowser Challenger: from a pile of disassembled parts including Campbell super-details, etc. IIRC I got it mostly built but stalled upon appraoching the painting stage over 2 years ago. I wasn't ready to paint it properly and meanwhile it was missing one OEM drive link (which I wanted to keep original if possible), meanwhile it took up way too much bench space so I cleared it off and, darn, what a shame.
- A-Line 5-unit Gunderson well car: the biggest PITA kit I have ever assembled. And decaling it will be even worse. It's 95% built, but I've yet to devise the custom STC livery for it. Cleared off the bench at the same time as the Challenger.
- Model Power Alco C628: Powered Demonstrator that I took apart, then began adding, enhancing, and correcting some details to better reflect the actual Demo units. Trying to retain the factory paint where possible. Another one "mostly done before distraction"...
Post by retiredalex on Jan 14, 2016 10:20:20 GMT -5
Where to begin? Mantua 4-6-4 kit, working on the valve train. MDC Climax, fine tuning according to Jeff Johnson's book MDC Shay, fine tuning according to Jeff Johnson MDC Box Cab on a Bachmann 44 ton drive mechanism, adding some details, paint and weathering. Mantua 2-8-2, just finished. Kadee logging cars X3 And of course, start rebuilding the layout.
Post by burlington77 on Jan 15, 2016 0:51:02 GMT -5
Funny you should ask....on my "train shed" workbench, I've got an old metal Hubley truck that broke in half. I'm trying to epoxy it back together to at least make something that looks good. I'll try to get a pic.
On my garage workbench...ugh...a near empty jug of 90 weight and a bunch of oily rags. Differential leaking on the old truck.
yardmaster54: Jerry if they would take out 1/3 of the commercials that shorten the game by at least 45 minutes. Abd as far as watching the game that's the purpose of it ,to get all your hostilities out so when your in the TT and a locomotive won't work you won't throw
Oct 16, 2019 17:56:03 GMT -5
yardmaster54: it across the room. lol
Oct 16, 2019 17:56:47 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: Get rid of commercials? Now you're really fantasizing!
Oct 16, 2019 18:10:13 GMT -5
yardmaster54: Not all, only about 1/3 of them. And isn't life just a fantasy gone wrong?
Oct 16, 2019 18:20:29 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: I dunno ym, the Packers are 5-1 - I'd say it's a fantasy gone right!
Oct 16, 2019 20:55:58 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: OK folks, I just received a box from ym. It is now under Level 5 security protocol - the highest level possible. Look for a detailed report on the "a box from" thread, barring a worst case scenario of course
Oct 18, 2019 11:12:47 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: I can hardly keep up with the posts today - you guys are a bunch of chatterboxes
Oct 18, 2019 17:40:53 GMT -5
yardmaster54: Jerry you hurt my feelings thinking I would send you something bad. I was thinking of sending you a block of limburger cheese. I know how you packer fans like cheese.
Oct 18, 2019 19:12:13 GMT -5
rbturner: That sounds totally appropriate since Jerry is the big cheese.
Oct 18, 2019 21:15:18 GMT -5
rbturner: Until his wife shows up then he becomes a cheese puff.
Oct 18, 2019 21:15:57 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: I like deep fried cheese curds better
Oct 18, 2019 22:17:36 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: Woke up to learn there was a tornado in Dallas last night
Oct 21, 2019 7:56:21 GMT -5
yardmaster54: Hope there were no injuries.
Oct 21, 2019 14:55:45 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: None here, but the same system moved on into Arkansas and killed someone. I opened the weather site last night and it said there were thunderstorms in the area, no mention of tornadoes. We slept right through it all.
Oct 21, 2019 18:00:32 GMT -5
yardmaster54: The news said there were 3 f3 tornadoes in Dallas. The news showed a lot of damaged.
Oct 21, 2019 18:11:04 GMT -5
rbturner: Sounds dangerous to be in Texas. Maybe you should move back to WVa.
Oct 21, 2019 21:52:45 GMT -5
JNXT 7707: That is the best idea I have heard all year, Randy Fe. I wonder how road-worthy the TT is?
Oct 21, 2019 22:21:22 GMT -5
hypoponera: It might be easier for you to just drop it here. I have an acre that I am not using and we don't get tornadoes!
Oct 22, 2019 9:08:12 GMT -5